Friday, August 8, 2008

Bluegrass Is Coming!!

Well as most of you know, my labor of love for the past 5 years has been the "Lake Cumberland Bluegrass Festival." Our 5th festival is next weekend and let me tell you-I'm feeling the crunch!! It makes me wonder why on earth I do this to myself year after year; pushing the festival...advertising...soliciting donations...booking bands from all over the place...dealing with needy food vendors...feeling rejected when a business doesn't see my idea as GREAT and therefore they decline to sponsor...THEN it hits me:

I do this for a number of reasons. It's the feeling you get when people start actually showing up for something you've worked so hard on...when they thank you because they've had such a good time...when you look out into the crowd and you see someone singing along...when I decide I don't care how much my boobs and fat rolls might flop around--dang it--I'm getting up and clogging every time a fiddler takes off on "Sally Goodin"...when a grown adult hoops and hollers over a hot break on the banjo...when I see GREAT people that I would have never met otherwise...it's then I realize that nothing worth having is easy. Yes, it's hard work all year long for a 2day event, but I wouldn't trade those happy feelings (and happy memories) for anything in the world (not even to be the mother of Matthew McConaughey's next child).

Having said that--everyone is invited. I promise you'd have a good time!! August 15/16 @ KOA Campground in Russell Springs...be there or be talked about. :D

No comments: