Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Some Days You've Got To Dance

When I was a kid, my dad and some of his cousins and co-workers would get together to play music on the weekends. Naturally, my brother, sister and I were in attendance so we practically were weaned on bluegrass and country music. We learned early on that you can't have a bluegrass jam without--you guessed it--good clogging!! I vividly remember someone throwing sawdust down on the dance floor and everyone getting up and dancing. Man, those were the days!! Somewhere around 3rd or 4th grade I started taking clogging lessons and loved every minute of it. Although it's hard to see, here is a video of some cloggers at the festival this past weekend.


In other news, my dad goes in Thursday for a biopsy of his lung. He will be in the hospital for a few days and then will face a 2-4 week recovery period. Remember him in your prayers, please.

No comments: