Friday, July 25, 2008

Faith Looks Up




As most of you know, 3 years ago my dad was diagnosed with cancer. It was found early and a golf ball size mass was removed from the right side of his neck. He went though 7 week of radiation, was threatened with the possibility of a feeding tube, yet by the grace of God got a clean bill of health after his treatments were over. We were so surprised when he intially found out--we found out on like a Tuesday and by the next Tuesday they were scheduling surgery. Ever since then, my biggest fear is that the cancer would return. As a true 'Daddy's Girl' the thought of it returning has kept me up many nights. He had a routine check-up yesterday and a chest x-ray revealed a mass on one of his lungs. Our family doctor sent him for more extensive scans which revealed 2 spots on his right lung, 1 on his left lung and a possible spot on his liver...NOT the news we were hoping for. The doctors think it could be cancer. He goes Thursday for an PET Scan to see if the spots are active or not. I know I have to be strong for my dad and act as though nothing is out of the ordinary. I firmly believe that outlook and attitude are 90% of the battle. Please pray for my dad--and my entire family as we anxiously await the results of this scan. As Christians, we wholeheartedly believe that God is in control and we rest assured that His will be done. Thank you for your prayers; we will need them.

No comments: