Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swimming, Slim Fast, Singledom--all in one blog!

This past Saturday, I was thrilled to spend the day with my 2 nieces--Maggie and Natalie, and my 2 nephews--Cass and Eli. We sure do love our time in the pool. As you can tell, these little beauties are in training for the 2020 Summer Olympics. Move over Michael Phelps...there are some new kids on the (starting) block.

In other recent events--I have started the Slim Fast diet (more like Slim SLOW) in order to better fit into a bridesmaid dress for my college roommate Jessica's wedding on October 4th. Jessica is the last of my 'single' friends to tie the knot and I must admit that it's a little sad for me because now I'm the lone single person in my group of friends. It's a couples world out there folks and if you're single in a couples world, pretty soon you will find that get togethers revolve around which diapers are preferred--or whose mother-in-law is the most annoying. I guess that we're all in different places and I'm learning that it's more than alright...being single isn't so bad afterall; no dirty diapers and no nagging mother-in-law. Maybe I can just be the cool aunt until it's time for something more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have some one single friend left for sure! ~David

Unknown said...

I'm rejoining your single group :( See there's another good thing about not being married- not being divorced!